As part of the Woolworths supermarket chain, the Revesby store participates in and contributes to the company’s broader sustainability initiatives and programs. On a local level, the Woolworths Revesby store has implemented a number of eco-conscious practices to reduce its environmental footprint and support a more sustainable future.
Here is an overview of the key sustainability efforts and programs that the Woolworths Revesby supermarket has embraced:
Woolworths Revesby has taken steps to minimize waste produced by its operations. This includes:
- Partnering with OzHarvest to donate surplus edible food to people in need rather than sending it to landfills.
- Eliminating single-use plastic shopping bags and replacing with reusable bags.
- Introducing cardboard meat trays made from 100% recycled content.
- Diverting more than 60% of store waste from landfills through recycling and composting programs.
Energy usage has been minimized through initiatives like:
- Upgrading to energy-efficient LED lighting throughout the store. This uses 50% less electricity.
- Installing door seals in fridges and freezers to maximize cooling and reduce electricity consumption.
- Using natural refrigerants like CO2 which have minimal global warming impact.
- Monitoring energy performance and identifying opportunities for greater efficiency.
Woolworths Revesby stocks locally-sourced and environmentally-friendly products like:
- Organic fruits, vegetables and packaged goods.
- Free range eggs, chicken, lamb and pork.
- MSC certified sustainable seafood.
- Non-toxic cleaning products with eco-friendly ingredients.
- Reusable bags, containers and utensils to avoid single-use plastics.
Through partnerships, initiatives, and innovating solutions, the Woolworths Revesby store strives to operate sustainably and minimize its environmental footprint wherever possible. This benefits the local community and environment.