For a taste of hearty, down home Southern cooking, head to Lil Darlin in Surry Hills. This lively restaurant brings Nashville-inspired Southern fare and hospitality to Sydney’s foodie scene. From crispy fried chicken to slow-smoked brisket, Lil Darlin serves up comfort food classics from America’s South.
Keep reading for a preview of the authentic food, drinks, and fun vibes that await at Lil Darlin restaurant.
Southern Comfort Food Menu
At Lil Darlin, every dish sings with the flavors and flair of the American South. Their scratch-made takes on traditional recipes aim to transport you to Tennessee or Louisiana with just one bite.
Start your feast off right with Southern appetizers like:
- Fried pickles – Crispy battered dill pickle spears served with buttermilk ranch.
- Pulled pork nachos – Tortilla chips piled high with melty cheese, pulled pork, BBQ sauce, beans, salsa, and jalapeños.
- Chicken and waffles – Crispy fried chicken breast atop a fluffy Belgian waffle.
For entrees, you can’t go wrong with:
- Nashville hot chicken – Lil Darlin’s signature fried chicken coated in spicy hot sauce and pickles. Offered in varying levels of heat.
- Pork ribs – Fall-off-the-bone tender baby back ribs slow-roasted and basted in homemade BBQ sauce.
- Jambalaya – Classic one pot dish loaded with andouille sausage, chicken, shrimp, and veggies in a spicy creole tomato sauce over rice.
- Catfish po’ boy – Crispy cornmeal-fried catfish filet with lettuce, tomato, and remoulade sauce on a toasted baguette.
All entrees are served with classic sides like collard greens, cornbread, coleslaw, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes and gravy, and fried okra.
Save room for decadent Southern desserts like pecan pie, banana pudding, peach cobbler, and Hummingbird cake.
Southern Drinks and Hospitality
In addition to fantastic Southern food, Lil Darlin offers signature cocktails, local beers, and that famous Southern charm.
Sip on specials like:
- Moonshine margarita – Lime margarita with Ole Smoky moonshine
- Tennessee tea – Jack Daniels whiskey with lemonade and iced tea
- Mint julep – Classic Kentucky Derby cocktail with bourbon, mint, and sugar
There’s also an extensive selection of American whiskeys, bourbons, and local craft beers. Non-alcoholic handcrafted lemonades and sweet teas provide lighter options.
The friendly Lil Darlin staff aim to make you feel right at home, just like classic Southern hospitality. Their upbeat environment pairs perfectly with the finger-lickin’ comfort food.
Bring Your Appetite and Get Ready for a Good Time
With its casual vibe, indulgent eats, and signature drinks, Lil Darlin makes for a guaranteed good time. Come hungry and leave happy after experiencing authentic down home Southern cooking.
Gather your friends for a delicious meal complete with all your Southern favorites. It’s the perfect spot for celebrations or just some weekend comfort food.
Surry Hills locals who want a taste of Tennessee need look no further than Lil Darlin. This lively eatery brings Southern soul, flavors, and hospitality to Sydney. Stop by soon to dig into the best American South-inspired fare this side of the Pacific!
Frequently Asked Questions About Lil Darlin
A. Visiting Lil Darlin
Where is Lil Darlin located?
Lil Darlin is located at 657 Bourke St, Surry Hills NSW 2010.
What are Lil Darlin’s hours?
Lil Darlin is open Tuesday to Saturday from 5pm until late. Closed Sundays and Mondays.
Is reservations required or can you walk in?
Walk-ins are welcome but reservations are recommended, especially on weekends. Reservations can be made on their website.
B. Menu & Ordering
Is the menu at Lil Darlin gluten-free friendly?
While Lil Darlin does not have a specifically gluten-free menu, some items like the pulled pork can be made gluten-free. Inform your server of dietary needs.
Does Lil Darlin have vegetarian options?
Yes, while heavier on the meat, Lil Darlin offers vegetarian sides that can be made into entrees, like mac and cheese or collard greens. There are also salads.
What is the dress code?
Lil Darlin has a casual dress code. Just avoid overly dirty or ripped clothing. Most guests wear jeans, T-shirts, skirts, etc.
Experience a down home Southern feast complete with hospitality and flair at the one and only Lil Darlin restaurant in Surry Hills!